Monday, August 3, 2009

An afternoon at the aquarium

The NC coast has 3 unique aquariums. We have visited the one at Pine Knoll Shores so yesterday we decided to visit the Fort Fisher Aquarium. The big stars in the oberservatory were the gators. Keaton had no problem checking them out but Brayden liked to keep his distance. He didn't even want to sit by the fake guy's mouth.


A newer addition is Luna, a rare albino alligator.
We also got to meet an 11 month old baby loggerhead sea turtle. So cute!
I got the coolest picture of a clown fish, aka "Nemo", hiding out in an anemone. I love the seahorses too. I've always wanted one of those but I'm too lazy to try and keep up a salt water tank.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I had Brayden pegged as fearless! I'll bet it was a great trip =)

Anonymous said...

those are GREAT :) We will have to look into that one. Is it close??

Cyndi

Gran said...

These are awesome pics. This looks like a great aquarium. Brayden seemed to admire from a distance....