Sunday, January 18, 2009

Updating

I can't believe I haven't updated in a while. Really, things have been rather low key or boring I guess you could say. Just hanging out. Austin has been back to school for a couple of weeks so earlier mornings and late night homework is starting to become normal again. I’m always sad when he has to go back after a break because it’s nice not to have to get up and make a peanut butter or turkey sandwich at 6:30 in the morning. I’m really not a morning person.

Of course there are daily happenings that are a big deal but probably just to us. Like the day that Brayden left a jar of peanut butter out on the table and Keaton climbed up and smeared it all over his face. He also smeared it on one of Austin's hardcover Harry Potter books that just happened to be sitting there. Austin was not happy.


The $12 haircut that cost me $30 + tip. Brayden has only let one person besides me ever cut his hair. He kind of let Wendi in BG cut it before Kandess’s big wedding in July but he wasn’t thrilled about it. I am rather tired of doing it myself. It takes me longer to do it and it’s gotten thicker so I can’t do the best job anymore. He let a lady at a local salon cut it recently. He had some moments of weakness when the hair started falling on his face, but I was able to bring him back to reality after a minute. Anyway, he made it with only a few over the top freak out moments so I was proud. He spotted a Mickey Mouse balloon at the party store next door and had to have it. I had promised him popsicles for getting it cut but if he wanted to substitute a balloon for popsicles, I figured why not. When we got to the store though he remembered the popsicle promise and also wanted to throw some mini chocolate donuts in the deal.


Showering is the best way. Brayden has decided that showers are fun and he will try to stay in for as long as there is hot water. He will go and jump in with Austin. Even if uninvited.


Wiiiiiiiii. I’ve been trying to get back into exercising on a regular basis. So far no problems from my hips but my left knee did a weird thing this week and tightened up to where I couldn’t even bend or straighten it all the way. I think it’s finally back to normal now. I scored a Wii Fit from amazon.com a couple of weeks ago and we’ve had fun playing with it. Austin and I get the most use out of it but Brayden likes to give it a try.

Besides all of this other fun stuff, we've been playing outside when we can. (It's been too cold since Friday though.) I've been trying to work on my website at least a little every day. I still have several things to do but it's coming along.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG, if you substituted my boys names for yours, that peanut butter story could totally be something that has happened here!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures. Keaton sure seems to be enjoying his new taste in peanut butter. It's hard to believe it's been so cold especially in your area.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the update, I've missed them. Love, Dede

LindsayK8 said...

great update and pics :) love the PB incident.