Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gator Sighting

Normally my posts are accompanied by some sort of image. I wish I could do the same for this post but I didn't have my camera! Darn it! The boys had an impromptu walk down to the boat ramp last night around 8 p.m. We got there, threw some rocks in the water, looked for crab.....Then, one of our neighbors ( a little old man who lives out here and mows the grass. We don't have many!) came down with his little dog. We started talking and then we noticed something moving across the water. He mentioned that it could be a snake or a GATOR! He was telling me all about the good ole' days when they used to be out on the water and they ran into these gators all of the time. Then he kept saying it looked like a snake but I could see it's eyes and it's tail would swish back and forth every now and then. I knew it wasn't a snake. He kept coming closer and then it was really obvious. He wasn't a big guy, but not anything I would want to swim with! He stayed in the water, but he was eye balling us the entire time. Austin wanted to stay all night. I guess he thought it would come out and we'd pet it. Anyway, had to share our sighting. Oh, the boat ramp is about 3/4 of a mile from our house so don't worry, we'll be ok! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan would have LOVED that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh YIKES!!!! Be careful!!
My boss's children found one in their driveway when they lived in Florida. The teen-age boys lassoed it and had it in the garage when he came home! I can see your guys trying that!
Mary Ann